Thank you for visiting our website. Ridgewood Baptist Church was founded in 1949, and we believe in the centrality of the preaching of God’s Word in a clear way that speaks to the heart of mankind. The preaching that comes from our pulpit is Bible-based in its doctrine and encourages each and every listener to live a life that will be pleasing to God and be an example to the world. We strive to follow Jesus’ example in loving and serving all persons, knowing that in this we are serving God. We believe that Scripture teaches us how to live in our world and with others. We encourage you to join us as we continue to transform our community by living a faith based life through our savior, Jesus Christ.
We continue to hold church service every Sunday morning at 11am. We are socially distant and have all the sanitizing supplies on hand. Come join us!
Also, we are now offering a virtual service which can be viewed on our Facebook page. Please follow the link to tune in to our services every Sunday morning!
We welcome you to join us for Sunday morning worship services.
Sunday School - 9:45 to 10:45 a.m.
Morning Worship Service - 11:00 to 12:00 p.m
We also offer Wednesday night Bible study and prayer services at the church starting a 6:30 p.m.
1) We believe the Holy Bible was written by men, divinely inspired, and is God's revelation of Himself to man. All scripture is totally true and trustworthy, and is a testimony to Christ who is the focus of divine revelation. II Timothy 3:15-17
2) We believe there is one eternal triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 4:4-6
3) We believe Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and did the will of God taking upon Himself human nature, yet without sin. In His substitutionary death on the cross, He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is now at the right hand of God. He will return in power and glory to judge the world. Colossians 1:13-22
4) We believe the Holy Spirit is fully divine. He inspired the writing of the Scriptures, enables men to understand truth, convicts men of sin, of righteousness and judgement. He is the life of every believer, empowers the preaching and teaching of the gospel, and always points the way to Jesus Christ. Romans 8:9-10
5) We believe man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. By his free choice, man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical but spiritual death. All are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word, and deed, and separated from God. ALL men everywhere are lost and face the judgement of God unless they receive God's free gift of salvation through His son, Jesus Christ. Genesis 1:16-32, I Corinthians 15:21-22
6) We believe salvation is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. Regeneration, or the new birth, is a work of God's grace. It is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, in which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Chris, and becomes a child of God and receives eternal life. John 3:13-17, Romans 3:21-25
7) We believe the local church is the body of Christ called to witness for Christ and preach the gospel. the ordinances of the church, given by our Lord, are baptism (by immersion following conversion) and the Lord's supper. Philippians 1:1-6, Acts 8:35-38, Luke 22:17-19
8) We believe God instituted monogamous marriage between man and woman as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of society. Human life is sacred from conception, with biological gender determined at birth, to its natural end. Genesis 1:27, 2:21-24, Psalm 139:14-16
9) We believe that Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to earth. He will judge all men. The righteous, in resurrected and glorified bodies, will dwell forever with the Lord. I Thessalonians 4:13-17, Revelation 20-22, II Corinthians 5:1
Copyright © 2021 Ridgewood Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.